Success is the Best Revenge
Success is the Best Revenge
As so famously stated by M. Scott Peck in The Road Less Travelled, “Life is Difficult.” There is no way around this blatantly truthful and well-defined opening line. You will always have trials, as we have previously discussed, and not only is it imperative regarding the attitudes and methods you use to approach the trials, but also your mindset in which you will categorize how you will respond to them.
The most difficult trials are the ones that have been brought into your life by someone other than you. It is onerous and even a bitter pill to swallow when you lose control of a situation to someone else’s hand. The question is not even “IF” but rather “WHEN” this happened to you in your life. You may even have numerous examples that come to mind. Quite often, this occurs in a workplace setting; therefore, that is where we will focus.
Think of a time when you worked diligently and ethically, believing you were performing your job well and producing excellent results and even admirable work. Yet somehow, perhaps for unforeseen reasons or due to jealousy or envy, someone interjected with some sort of lie, deceit, problem, or complication with the intention of harming you or your position. You know you had done nothing wrong, yet they had the position, clout, network, or authority to override your good name and status. At this time, your mind is probably already flooded with numerous examples of this type of unfair treatment. You are not alone. You are sooooooo not alone.
Reasons Some People Seek to Steal Your Success:
- They are insecure. One of the number one reasons someone tries to undermine you or your work has nothing to do with you at all. As a matter of fact, if you are working diligently, all of the reasons listed have nothing to do with you at all. Some people are very insecure and believe they can capture some security by bringing others down. No light will ever come from a dark action, but they are too blinded to see this. Insecurity is a dangerous trait that can cause people to act in ominous and evil ways.
- They are afraid. Fear is another key reason people act in such a harmful manner. Fear blocks sound reasoning and causes people to act selfishly without thinking. Fear is an emotion based on an event that hasn’t actually happened. Yet many people hold on to fears and let them fester within, tearing down the ability to think reasonably. FEAR has even been referred to as F-alse E-vents A-ppearing R-eal.
- They are jealous. Jealousy can be a very evil and dangerous emotion. Some people cannot handle seeing others work hard and receive the fruits of their labor. Or they cannot handle how you look, carry yourself, or relate to others. Perhaps you are easy to get along with and are admired by your peers. They want what others have but are unwilling to put forth the effort and hard work to attain the same results. Rather, they choose to impact your life negatively and are determined to see you fail due to their bitter jealousy.
- They are incapable. While I believe everyone is capable of being successful, the type of person described here is incapable of making the right choices to be successful by their own means. Whether they feel their abilities are inadequate or unwilling to take the laborious steps to achieve the same outcome, they remain incapable.
- They are envious. They simply want what you have and hope to replace you. They "covet" what you have accomplished and have the false idea that they can have what you have already attained by removing you from the picture or even destroying you in the process.
- They have a mental disorder. Sometimes the minds of people are not "wired" properly. Perhaps childhood experiences have left them emotionally and mentally scarred. While extremely unfortunate, this is again no fault of your own, yet imperative you avoid people in this category if at all possible. Narcissistic, borderline, and psychotic people not properly and medically managed are dangerous and can never be reasoned with. Avoidance is possibly the best solution if they have you in their sights as a target.
- They are "not" capable. This category has a different implication than "incapable." Perhaps an underlying past situation in the offender’s history leads them to behave unethically. For example, a boss or superior with a hidden conviction record or a peer with a felony charge that is "not" capable of acquiring other positions. Questionable how they obtained their current position in the first place, yet unlikely they will secure such a position elsewhere. They may be unpredictable and ruthless as they are operating out of a desperate need for their own survival due to poor choices they previously made.
- They lack a sense of morality. Perhaps they just have no moral compass. Some people just do not seem to have a conscience and do not have a sense of right or wrong. They only have a sense of their own self-preservation. They are unaffected by the consequences of their actions.
All the reasons mentioned above are dark and connected. You must understand this is a person, or people, who need help, therapy, and enlightenment. They are desperately lost and extremely dangerous to your livelihood. How can you best remove yourself from their effect on you? Perhaps they had the authority to terminate you already. While this scenario is extremely hurtful, recognize that this may be the best thing for you and perceive it as a sign that something amazing in store for you will delight and advance you. And if not terminated, consider that it may be time to resign and get as far away from this influence as possible. But first, take the time to acknowledge the pain and hurtfulness they have caused and process these feelings.
Understand it stems from their own self-hatred and the evil that dwells inside them. Or perhaps they were once "decent" but somehow lost their way. As hard as it may be, forgive them, recognize they are desperate and hurting, and do not know how to deal with their weaknesses and insecurities constructively. Understand that you must have amazing and extraordinary skills to have drawn so much attention from them! Pray for them and release your bitterness regarding them. This process is for YOU and YOUR healing. Then let them go. Choose to see it as an opportunity to do something you have always wanted to do, utilizing your own astounding abilities that perhaps you were previously afraid to pursue. It takes courage to step outside of your comfort zone. But you are not only capable; you are exceptional and well-equipped.
It is human nature to want to see things made right or even see a little…revenge. The best form of "revenge" is one that hurts no one else and blesses the socks off of you! There will be so much energy released throughout this entire process. Utilize it! Transform it into positive high-frequency vibrations, and use it to your advantage. The best "revenge" is MASSIVE success! Go all out! You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Channel your energy and open your mind to all the doors, pathways, and runways presented to you. You have an opportunity to try something different. Perhaps you realized you are tired of working for the benefit of someone else and their business or company. Maybe it’s time to start or even build a business that benefits you and your family. You could even grow a business on a larger scale to benefit your community as well. Think of all the amazing potential you have and are capable of. There is a reason you were their focal point. Your remarkable attributes were evident and revealing. You stood out.
You have so many options you can take at this point. Perform research and search your soul for what is best for you. Below are some examples of how to get started.
Steps to Massive Success:
- Transform your energy to high-frequency vibrations. Clear the negativity from your mind. Recognize the pain, hurtfulness, and dense, heavy energy caused by past events. Using mindful awareness, meditation, and prayer, remove these thoughts from your mind, and reframe the thoughts in your mind. Harness and transform all energy into positive and favorable energy that supports your new efforts.
- Identify your passion. What are you good at? What do you love? What comes easily to you? Imagine what you enjoy and what gets you excited. What makes you light up like nothing else? Discover or rediscover your true passion. Perhaps it has been hidden for a while. Take time to clearly define what is important to you.
- Define your vision. With your passion identified, now imagine this as your future career or way of life. Envision utilizing your passion for pleasure, people, and prosperity. Define the details of your vision and commit it to writing.
- Establish your goals. Establish clearly defined and measurable goals. While some suggest using the word "attainable," I like to quantify them as massive goals! Make them challenging and get creative on how to achieve them. Enjoy the process and make them colossal. But it is okay to break them down so they do not become overwhelming. Keep the momentum alive as you see fit.
- Create a business plan. Be organized and create a roadmap for your success. This is a crucial aspect that is often overlooked. Take time to design a blueprint that keeps your activities and action plan in proper order. You must always begin with a well-designed and thought-out plan.
- Take MASSIVE action. Get busy! Do the work. Take the action you need. Make the calls, send the emails, make the contacts, and do the research. You must take an enormous amount of action and effort to be successful. Do not underestimate the amount of action you will need. But it is an action you will never regret.
- Be consistent, and do not give up. You will need to be consistent and follow up on your actions. You may need to repeat processes once, twice, or even hundreds of times before getting the desired results. Maybe even more. Thomas Edison failed thousands of times before the light bulb finally worked. Practice patience, and don’t give up. Just explore your creativity and open your mind to new and innovative approaches.
- Continuously build your character. Constantly work on refining yourself and your character. You are the only person you can change and control. Be good to yourself and be good to others. Never stop growing.
- Continuously educate yourself. Learn as much as you can. Read as often as you can and as much as possible. Research your particular field and be open to learning other areas as well. Educate yourself in every way imaginable. Set educational goals and make this a priority. Learning is a lifelong endeavor.
- Give to and help others in the process. Give to others. Make it a goal to be so successful you can freely give in abundance. Categorize your success and link it with a sustainable goal. You will be so successful that you routinely support five different causes. Take the time to personally help and become involved with your community or people less fortunate. Find a need and meet it. Be a blessing to others.
- Maintain your health physically, mentally, and spiritually. In order to have the strength and clarity of mind to undertake this amazing journey, you must be in the best health you can be physically, mentally, and spiritually. Maintain a healthy diet, sleep, and exercise schedule. Nurture your spiritual well-being and mental ingenuity.
Focusing on success rather than revenge is a victory, any way you look at it. Take your focus off what you cannot affect and place it where you will be abundantly and prosperously rewarded. It is hard to understand why people do what they do. You can only be accountable for yourself and your own actions. So, take actions that benefit you and lead you to a life of productivity, contentment, satisfaction, and prosperity.
And recall the Serenity Prayer, “God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the Wisdom to know the difference.”
“Life is difficult. This is a great truth, one of the greatest truths. It is a great truth because once we truly see this truth, we transcend it. Once we truly know that life is difficult – once we truly understand and accept it – then life is no longer difficult. Because once it is accepted, the fact that life is difficult no longer matters.”
“Let the haters’ hate push you to go further instead of tear you down, your accomplishments will be your best revenge.”
“The greatest revenge is to accomplish what others say you cannot do.”
“The best revenge is to live on and prove yourself to be successful.”
“There is no need for revenge. Living happily ever after is a sign that you have not let the past beat you.”
What are your thoughts about this topic?
Who will you share this with?