47 - Resourcefulness
It is important to use information and available resources wisely. Be imaginative and utilize objects or information at your disposal in creative and innovative new ways. Consider how things can be used in alternative or makeshift ways to problem-solve. Capitalize on the individual talents of your staff and build a project around their unique skills. Use your imagination regarding how items or data can be used in a creative new way. Ask various questions to either yourself or others, and make new links. Be inventive and pick up on the cues available in your surroundings. Naturally, resourceful people will mold the cues into something innovative. However, resourcefulness can also be learned. Intentionally look around your environment and imagine five different uses for each item around you. Be extravagant and tap into your creativity. Practice this technique everywhere you go and enjoy expanding your imagination. There is no right or wrong answer. The limit only exists in your mind, which is within your control to adjust.
Characteristics of Resourcefulness:
- Creativity. Creating something from what looks to be nothing is a valuable quality in being resourceful. It takes talent and imagination to think of ideas to generate something new. Use this creativity in a resourceful manner to resolve problems.
- Imagination. With imagination, you have the ability to create mental images or ideas of things not actually present or have yet to be created. Be inventive and consider different ways of trying, adjusting, or using something that has not been done before. Be original, let your mind wander, and brainstorm all sorts of imaginative ideas.
- Boldness. It takes boldness to try new things, especially with a critical or narrow-minded crowd. Yet be adventurous and be willing to take risks. As an old saying goes, “If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always gotten,” or something similar. Be courageous enough to try something different. Be daring and be ready to enjoy new findings as a result for you to explore. Be brave, bold, and bodacious!
- Confidence. Be confident in your abilities and also in the people that surround you. Trust yourself and them to be imaginative and resourceful, utilizing their wit, imagination, and surrounding resources to problem-solve or resolve some sort of discrepancy or concern.
- Optimism. Be optimistic and transform all energy to positive energy, and be inclined to believe in a favorable outcome. Fill your body, mind, and soul with positive vibrations and hope-filled optimism. It will enlighten your spirit and open your mind.
- Intuition. Use your intuition and what feels naturally right, knowing you are aligned with your values. Confidently let your thoughts flow to what inherently feels helpful based on the surrounding circumstances.
- Inspiration. A desire for a solution leads to inspiration. New ideas are exciting and can inspire even more, making way for probable and successful solutions. Find ways to be more inspired. Adjust the lighting, enhance the ambience, or clear your mind with some meditation. What is it that inspires you?
- Determination. Be determined to find a solution. Look beyond the typical way of resolving things. What are some new possibilities? What haven’t you already tried? Be resolute and commit to finding a winning solution. Be relentless as you seek creative and innovative ways to approach a perplexing situation.
- Ingenuity. A resourceful person wisely uses things others normally overlook or perhaps even discard. You have the skill and imagination to create new and innovative things. Be clever and thoughtfully allow the ideas to flow. Write them down. Share them with others. Use your talent and be creative.
- Initiative. Take the initiative to explore surrounding resources and thought-provoking ideas. Think ahead and anticipate both problems and solutions. Use foresight to indulge in preventative measures, and be the instigator who troubleshoots to resolve. Be ready to engage in difficult matters.
- Interactive. When you discuss the topic of concern with others you trust, such as associates, employees, coworkers, friends, or family, the floodgates of creativity and options will gush forth. Ideas spark other ideas, and when a group of people begins sharing thoughts, they can play off each other, leading to many enlightening and successful possibilities. Everybody has his own set of unique gifts and ways of thinking. Give everyone possible the opportunity to share thoughts from his or her own perspective. Empowering them will lead everyone, including yourself, to more inspiration.
“It’s not the lack of resources that causes failure, it’s the lack of resourcefulness that causes failure.”
“The amount of satisfaction you get from life depends largely on your own ingenuity, self-sufficiency, and resourcefulness. People who wait around for life to supply their satisfaction usually find boredom instead.”
“A resourceful person will always make opportunity fit his or her needs.”
“Being truly thankful makes you infinitely more resourceful. By sincerely appreciating what you have, you find new and valuable ways to make use of it.”
What are your thoughts about this quality?
Who will you share this with?