6 – Cooperation
Cooperation is a process of working together with others for a common purpose. Sometimes this can be daunting as you may utilize differing approaches or conflicting thought processes. However, there are many reasons to justify why this extra effort is worth the time and energy expended to make it happen.
Advantages of Cooperation:
- Team unification. Working together for a common goal yields a binding relationship, as you are all united and relying on each other to give the best of yourselves. Working in proximity, whether physically or mentally, there is a dependence upon each other for desired goals and visions upon the combined effort of each member involved. Like puzzle pieces, each person has his or her own part to play, which is needed for the overall picture to be complete.
- Innovative productivity. With an assortment of input, creative ideas are spawned and allow for potential outcomes that may not have evolved without sharing diverse thoughts and experiences from each participant. There is a benefit of having unique experiences and working in cooperation with others to generate a more productive and innovative solution than with an individual tract of ideas. And generally, each person will tend to exert his best effort when collaborating with others.
- Respect. Working in conjunction with others, combined with everyone focused on a common cause, involves a give-and-take of respect. Not only will you earn the respect of others for your contributions, but you will also gain mutual respect and admiration for others, as well as an appreciation for what they can bring to the table. Unique talents and abilities will be revealed and relished.
- Efficiency. Working in cooperation with a team for a common purpose allows for the timely processing of project resolution or completion. Timelines are more refined, and solutions become more opportune. With the help of additional resources, a divide-and-conquer mindset is engaged and implicated for the most efficient and favorable time management.
- Growth of self. Every occasion to collaborate with others is an opportunity for personal and professional growth. Learn and absorb as much new information as possible and take full advantage of the wisdom that can be derived from the experiences of others. It is also an opportune time to refine personal skills such as self-confidence as you utilize various communication methods, project speaking, and writing opportunities in the process.
- Growth of others. Just as you are able to grow through collaboration, other people involved in the interactions have the opportunity for professional and personal growth as well. It should delight you to promote the development of others wherever possible. And it is an additional benefit if these people are members of your own business or family as well.
- Decreased stress or pressure. In some instances, working in cooperation with others takes the pressure off of you for the responsibility of making unilateral decisions. Any time when it is possible to obtain input from others affected by decisions is a good opportunity to share in the ‘responsibility’ of the outcome, and pressure is taken off of you by this dispersal of power and input of effort.
- More fun. It is always more enjoyable to work together and share the benefits mentioned above while embracing the comradery of a combined effort. The collaborating process is enlightening and refreshing as the resultant joy flows from associates who realize they are an important part of the organization and their input matters.
- More accomplished. As you work more efficiently in cooperation with others, more results will promulgate. Action leads to more action, and success leads to more success. More will be accomplished as your processes become streamlined, with the strongest characteristics of each participant continuing to thrust productivity forward.
“Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.”
“There is an immense power when a group of people with similar interests gets together to work toward the same goal.”
“Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success.”
“Alone we can do little; together we can do so much.”
What are your thoughts about this quality?
Who will you share this with?