38 – Contentment
Be satisfied and appreciative of all that you currently have. Realize that you have everything you need for your present happiness. Feel the gratitude from within you and be content as you experience a feeling of satisfaction. Focus on what you do have rather than what you do not have. Be filled with joy at the realization of all of your blessings. Choose happiness and be filled with joy as you embrace your life. It is your choice to feel calm gratification and make the most of every opportunity you have. It is certainly okay, and even admirable, to pursue massive success and continue working hard to achieve goals and dreams. This is more likely to occur if you are already content and satisfied with your current situation. You will be at peace with yourself, and your mind will be open with imaginative ideas and solutions to be explored and pursued.
Characteristics and Benefits of Choosing to be Content:
- Peace-filled. You are filled with a peaceful satisfaction when you choose to be content with what you currently possess - your position, family, material items, pets, talents, etc. You have so many amazing assets in your life, most of which are the loving people you surround yourself with. A serenity and calmness flow through every cell of your body when you accept your current situation. Enjoy the tranquility of this realization, and be grateful for the blessings you have been given.
- Satisfying. When you allow yourself to be content, you have reached a level of satisfaction and acceptance. This is a wonderful place to be, as you can operate from a position of gratitude. Your mind is open and creative when relaxed and free of covetous desires. You are ready or willing to adapt to a given circumstance and are perhaps even experiencing delight as you are peacefully aligned and in compliance with your situation.
- Gratifying. In being content, you have reached a state of enjoyment or even pleasure in your mind and senses. You experience a pleasing disposition and perhaps are even comforted in your inspiring frame of mind. Positive energy flows through your body, mind, and spirit, enlightening your core with invigorating and pleasing contentedness.
- Joyful. When you are at peace with your choices and decisions and where they have brought you in life, you should be filled with delight. You may and should still have goals and dreams you always strive to achieve. Having ambitions and a constant desire for self-improvement and prosperity is healthy. Yet to have reached a state of contentment is a satisfying and joyous delight. You are hopeful yet gratified with your current circumstances.
- Acceptance. To reach a complete contentment state, you must accept your current situation and circumstances. Accept where you are, who you are surrounded with, and what you have. All of these have been selected based on alignment with your values, so a readiness to accept the circumstances should follow. It is a choice to accept and even embrace your status. It is up to you if you seek to change or improve elements of it, but be content with wherever you currently are.
- Positive mindset. Embrace your current circumstances with a positive attitude! If something isn’t quite as you would like, take proper steps to improve or make changes. But come to an acceptance of where you are and allow positive energy to flow through your mind. Enjoy the favorable results of all of your hard work. Focus on the optimistic outcomes you have accomplished. And delight in the excitement of where you have yet to go. Engage in a positive mindset, enjoy the journey, and do not miss out on any part of the adventure.
- Obedience. You are called to be content with your current situation. Be obedient and accept where you are. If you are not "happy" with it, you can still be content yet develop a plan to make appropriate changes to elevate your situation. The important thing is to be obedient, live your life according to your belief system and align with your values. Pray and listen for direction.
- Intentional mindset. Be mindfully aware of your current situation. Be where you are "intentionally." As mentioned above, if you are not "happy" where you are, take the initiative to make the necessary changes to create a new situation for yourself. It is all a choice. Do not blame anyone or anything for where you are. Take responsibility for your actions, be intentional, and accept with contentment where you are, or make changes that align with your values and goals.
- Choices. It is all a choice. You choose to be where you are. You choose who you are surrounded by. You choose to be content. You choose to be happy. Be accountable for your choices, and if needed, make new choices. They are yours, so own them, be responsible for them, and continue making value-based choices.
- Faithfulness. There is faithfulness involved in contentment, a belief that everything is and will be okay. You have faith in your choices and trust that you have everything you need to be happy and fulfilled. Have security in this faith and live in hopeful obedience.
“Waste no time and effort searching for peace and contentment and joy in the world outside. Remember that there is no happiness in having or in getting, but only in giving. Reach out. Share. Smile. Hug. Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.”
“True contentment is not having everything, but in being satisfied with everything you have.”
“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” Epicurus
“You say, ‘If I had a little more, I should be very satisfied.’ You make a mistake. If you are not content with what you have, you would not be satisfied if it were doubled.”
What are your thoughts about this quality?
Who will you share this with?