—Jill Fandrich, PharmD, CRPh
Bromelain is a powerful enzyme found naturally in pineapples. It offers numerous health benefits, making it a popular supplement. Here are some key benefits of bromelain:
1. Reduced inflammation - Bromelain has strong anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce inflammation in the body. This can be particularly beneficial for individuals suffering from conditions like arthritis, sinusitis, or inflammatory bowel disease.
2. Improved digestion - Bromelain aids in the digestion of proteins by breaking them down into smaller molecules that are easier for the body to absorb. This can help alleviate symptoms of indigestion, bloating, and gas.
3. Enhanced immune function - Studies have shown that bromelain can boost immune function by increasing the production of immune cells and enhancing their activity. This can ultimately help the body fight off infections and diseases more effectively.
4. Relief from respiratory conditions - Bromelain has been found to have positive effects on respiratory conditions such as asthma and bronchitis. It can help reduce mucus production and inflammation in the airways, leading to improved breathing.
5. Enhanced wound healing - Bromelain has been shown to promote wound healing by reducing inflammation and swelling. It can also help remove dead tissue and clean the wound, leading to faster recovery.
6. Potential cancer-fighting properties - Some research suggests that bromelain may possess anti-cancer properties. It has shown the ability to inhibit the growth and spread of cancer cells, particularly in breast and gastrointestinal cancers.
7. Pain relief - Bromelain has natural analgesic properties that can help reduce pain, making it beneficial for individuals with chronic pain conditions or those recovering from surgery.
8. Support for cardiovascular health - Bromelain has been found to have potential cardiovascular benefits by reducing blood clot formation and improving blood circulation. It can also help lower blood pressure levels.
9. Clearing spike proteins - Bromelain has also been shown to accelerate the clearance of spike proteins. Chronic disabling symptoms from “long COVID” and following mRNA injections are an increasingly prevalent problem. The symptomatic presentation has many common features, which might be explained by the spike protein of the virus, which is also manufactured by the vaccinee’s own cells. There is no accepted protocol for treatment. Based on their mechanisms of action, a combination of nattokinase, bromelain, and curcumin should be considered.
It's important to note that while bromelain is generally safe for most people, it may cause certain side effects or interact with certain medications. It is always recommended to consult with a healthcare professional before adding any new supplements to your routine.
Like the pineapple it is derived from, bromelain brings a sweet taste of goodness to our lives, aiding digestion, reducing inflammation, boosting immunity, clearing spike proteins, and supporting overall health.
Who will you share this with?
(Email addresses remain private.)